Thursday, October 1, 2009

Encouragment

It's always encouraging in our job when we get to see life change in students. Hank and I were both surprised and encouraged when he received the following text a few days ago...

"Hank, just wanted to let you know that I just told my girlfriend that I wanted to stop having sex. I tell you this not because I want you to feel good about you knowing it, but so that you can see the effect you have on other people's lives. You are an amazing individual and I thank God for bringing you into my life. It's exactly what I needed and I hope you never give up on preaching the gospel."

I've been thinking lately, how this is the most rewarding job I've ever had. It's such a privilege to get to see firsthand the ways that God is moving in Auburn students. Please be praying that the Lord would continue to put people in our lives that are open to the gospel!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Moments like this make the dreaded Sunday afternoon worth it!! :)